Friday, April 11, 2008

Twilight Author Talks JKR

As, if there weren't already enough excuses for the Potter fandom to talk about Twilight, MTV has now a new interview interview with the author of the series, Stephenie Meyer, about J.K. Rowling.

When asked if the two authors had met, Meyer responded: “No. But I would love to; I would love to sit down and talk with her.”

Still, Meyer insisted that if she ever did meet the “Potter” mastermind, they’d have plenty to talk about. “I’d like to hear her thoughts on her fans; I know she has this big group of people who say ‘Oh no, Harry should have ended up with another girl,’ and I wonder how she feels about that when they think they have a better ending than she does,” the writer said sympathetically. “I’d also like to hear her thoughts on the movies, and what things about them she enjoyed, and how she feels about privacy and e-mails and fan letters and that whole experience as a popular writer.”


Meyer also discussed the frequent comparison used between her books and Jo's:

“The interesting thing about the comparison is that I think you can compare my fans to her fans more easily [than me to her]. I do think that we both have people who are just really really enthusiastic, and will come miles to see you and be involved, and everybody really cares about our characters. But the [’Harry Potter’ and ‘Twilight’] stories are just so different.”


An additional interview with Meyer, mainly concerning the Twilight series, can be read here.

No comments: